DnD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrex intro - A million choices campaign

2 posters

Go down

Andrex intro - A million choices campaign Empty Andrex intro - A million choices campaign

Post  Z.p.r. Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 pm

The smell of death fills your senses as you bend down to examine a recently killed deer carcass, it's body showing very slight signs of decay; the killer's tracks yet untraceable.

The cause of death is strange, one that you have not seen before - the neck seems to have been snapped, yet the deer's flank has been torn open but no meat taken. A thin trail of ants leads away from the corpse, towards a small mound in the nearby hedgegrowth. Following the trail you notice that the smell of death is growing stronger rather than weaker, the sense that something is not quite right slowing taking hold of you. Your thoughts are suddenly interrupted by a crack, sticks breaking behind you. You spin on your heels, the cracks getting louder and louder before a final smash and the nearby tree gets ripped apart. The scene before you leaves you immobile, dread tearing away all possible motor functions.

"Golem..." is the only word that escapes your mouth, the 9 foot monstrosity denying all other speech.

Towering above you, the golem's rock skin creaks as it sways back and forth, watching your every movement. It's eyes blaze with green fire, the bridge between them dissolving into one long mono-eye that could strike fear into all but the most hardy of golem slayers. A shudder runs up your arms whilst the sensation of bugs wandering over you creeps up your back.

"Purpose." The golem mutters, before raising it's massive arm ready to strike out at you.
Z.p.r.
Z.p.r.
Admin

https://dndforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Andrex intro - A million choices campaign Empty Re: Andrex intro - A million choices campaign

Post  Iban Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:45 am

Stepping backwards over the animal carcas I begin to back away. Slowly at first, though something about those eyes at it's one word un-nerves me and I speed up. After a few steps I turn and run away, eager to simply stay alive.
Iban
Iban

Back to top Go down

Andrex intro - A million choices campaign Empty Re: Andrex intro - A million choices campaign

Post  Z.p.r. Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:05 am

"PURPOSE" The golem screams, it's fist crashing down into the soil where you stood a second previous. Picking up its huge stone leg the creature begins to trample after you, more and more destruction being left in it's wake.
Z.p.r.
Z.p.r.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iban Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:11 am

Continuing to run headlong into the trees before me, I cannot help but wince at the sound of the golem screaming.

Hopefully, I think to myself these trees will slow it down enough for me to get some distance away to decide upon what to do next.
Iban
Iban

Back to top Go down

Post  Z.p.r. Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:12 am

The golem's huge legs carry it much faster than you and it is therefore catching up rapidly. Ahead of you is an exit from the woods, the light from it approaching rapidly as you charge headlong towards it.
Z.p.r.
Z.p.r.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iban Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 am

Wow this thing is fast, there is absolutely no way I'm outrunning it in the open

I begin weaving between the trees, all while steadily moving towards the edge of the trees, keeping my speed up at all times.
Iban
Iban

Back to top Go down

Post  Z.p.r. Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:20 am

The roar from the golem reaches an incredible volume as it dives towards you, a swipe aimed towards your body. "WHY!?"
Z.p.r.
Z.p.r.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iban Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:23 am

Jumping behind a tree, I begin to lose faith in this tactic.

I need to get some help, maybe there is someone beyond these trees I think as I leave the relative safety of the tree and run towards the light.
Iban
Iban

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down